6/03/2009

National Geographic Magazine - Oldies version

It's Saturday again, morning market again. As usual cant wake up at the time I planned and always a rush during the visit to morning market. One of my friend manage to rent a place in morning market to sell her handmade stuffs, pretty cool stuff but I think its a little bit too expensive.

On my way to morning market, I went to the garage sales to look for treasures. I found some really old national geographic magazine, one of the magazine caught my attention, deeply, a 1988, hologram ( I think this is what it is called.) book cover magazine.

1988 National Geographic Hologram Front and back cover

It is really a cool book. Also I have bought a 1964 and a 1956 national geographic issue.


It is very interesting to flip through the magazine as you can really see what is going on at that time. The fashion is totally different, the way they design the books are mainly using illustration. I found something that is particularly interesting which is the Kodak's advertisement. It has a few lenses quite huge and very laser gun looking( like what you see in cartoon) camera. You can somehow see how the culture evolve into what it is right now.

No comments :

Post a Comment